Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Yesterday was not an ordinary Day

Every day, when I used to comeback to my office, my mother is all set to pamper me with her homemade dishes. Starting from Lemon Soda followed by fried dry fruits and then fruit salads, apple shake, dinner, a glass of hot milk & blah blah blah. She hardly misses anything as according to her all these things are essential for me. In between we always chit chats about any gossip whether it’s a purchase of any new thing by our neighbors, any mischievous things done by my neighbor’s son, her grocery shopping or it may be anything.

Yesterday, when I reached home, she was looking tired. Her face was so exhausted and she was lying on the bed with closed eyes. First time she did not ask anything which usually she asks. She only asked me to take the juice from the kitchen. I got to know that she was having fast as yesterday was Karva Chauth and she would break her fast only when Moon will rise.

It was 6.30 pm. Anyways, I had had my snacks. Time was passing by but she did not wake up from the bed. I tried to speak with her but she was not in the position to speak anything. I realized that she wanted to have some tea. I saw the watch. It was only 7’o clock. To see my mother in a situation like this was very painful to me and slowly and gradually, this pain was escalating. Near about 7.30 pm, I could not resist my self and went upstairs. First time, I silently prayed for my mother with tears in my eyes.

Meanwhile I was preparing Pooja Ki Thali in the kitchen for my mother. But after every 5 minutes I was staring at sky to have a glimpse of moon.

Finally at 8.20 pm it came on my terrace and I shouted from the kitchen ‘Mamma, Uttho, Chand aa gaya’.

23 comments:

Compassion Unlimitted said...

So lovely..a nice soothing post..letting know the love to your mother thru your deeds..surely her blessings will take you far
tc
cu

aMus said...

Awww....What would the world be without mothers? We take them for granted most of teh time but if we let them know how much we appreciate whet they do for us, that would make them very content...

Unknown said...

Beautiful post sandhya... :)

Mom's are a blessing sent down from heaven! :)

Sandhya said...

@CU

thanks.

Sandhya said...

@Thinking aloud

I thk we cant imagine the world widout my mother She is everythg to me. I know many of times i hurt her bt I know ilove her the most.

Sandhya said...

@nandhini.

hi Nandhini.

She is truly a gift sent down from Heaven. I dont think i can imagine a day without my mother. whenever she goes, I feel like handicapped. I can remember the last time when she went to my Nani's house, i literall wept while talking to her on the phone.

Aarthi said...

A lovely write up...I always consider mum as a God we can see, talk, interact,etc...hope she's fine and back to form now..

Sandhya said...

Hi Aarthi.

Thankx 4 showing concern towards my mother.

Ya, she is fine now.

Unknown said...

haha...Guess cos u work and ur away from her u feel so...When my mom's around i really want space...and when she is not around i miss her like hell..

As they say can't live with can't live without!! :)

cm chap said...

Lovely post... Mom's almost sacrifice evrytg for us... Its always nice to do our bit for them irrespective of hw small it is.

Pramod said...

Hmm touchy post. Yes its really hard to see family member, esp the elders and babies fall sick.

For me, Karva chauth etc is all fine, but health is imp. I tell my parents not to do anything beyond what their health can permit.

I guess God will help those who help themselves. What say??

Sandhya said...

@Curious

Thats absolutely true. Even i hv noticed when she is around, we usually fight with each other over trivial issues like dressing, eating habits, manenrs etc.

bt as i told u when she is away, life looks like a hell.

Sandhya said...

@Cm-Champ

Ya, its too small irrespective of wat she does for me.

thankx 4 dropping by.

Sandhya said...

Hi Pramod

Nice to see ur comment.

Even i believe that first of all, we shd take care of our health bt according to my parents, there r some rituals which is supposed to be done if we r living in a society.'

We can't argue wid our parents for a festival like this.

Sandhya said...

@Abhishek Khanna

thanx a tonne for dropping by.....

WritingsForLife said...

I hope she is feeling better now :)

Vinesh said...

whew - it seemed like the moon would never come, did it? :-)

Sandhya said...

Hi Raaji.

Ya. she is recuprating now.........

@vinesh.

hi vinesh.....

It was vry difficult for me to wait for the moon. Thats y i prayed........

Ashish said...

Sorry for a late comment...

well.. as we r living in a society.. we think that we have to do some rituals according to the customs..

i dnt think so.. Society is not a binding factor at all if u want to do anything.. its ur determination and thoughts which counts....

Ur mom did what she consider correct. And although we may not agree with them, we can not ask them to just stop it... its their faith.. we have no right to put a question mark on their faith...

even my mom does the same thing every year, wht to do.. we have no other choice..........

Sandhya said...

@Ashish

Thanx.

KP said...

nice post...:)

Sandhya said...

@KP

Thanx

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

You have put it up very well.. Mom is one of the best relationship according to me.. It really aches when they are in trouble.. Hope your mom is fine now :)